braz

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Back from Travels - woes, woes and more woes

eoinstresseyes

Had a great time in Canada at ICAD in Montreal - cheers to Mark and Sinead for being great hosts! Unfortunately, once I got back it seems like everything went wrong as a day later nobody can tell me where my luggage is. I'm still a bit stressed and there is the usual amount of crap and politics happening at the same time so life is definitely not good this week.

*UPDATE Wednesday evening* - Still no sign of my bag but fortune smiled for Mel who'd been on the same flight coming back from a Canadian Linux conference and who managed to get his bag earlier this evening, many thanks for the offer to collect mine and reminding me to double check they've actually gotten the correct details down for me!

8 Comments:

  • Did you hear Damien's story?

    Bags are lost (SAS & Sky Handling), bag is eventually found (by Aer Lingus), Damien criticises Sky Handling, they allegedly sign him up to gay dating sites, gets on front page of Digg and legal letters are being sent...

    http://mulley.net/index.php?s=sky+handling

    By Blogger Joe, at 2:37 p.m.  

  • Joe - thanks for the link but if I end up there I'll go mad ... I hadn't realised that had happened to Damien and now I'm a lot more concerned about my bag which is with Air Canada who seem to be the bane of the lost luggage crowd in Shannon, seems this summer there has been a lot of lost luggage in Toronto and as it isn't computer trackable (Air Canada are a little slow getting into the computer age) that there are a lot more unhappy customers left wondering where their luggage is.

    By Blogger Eoin Brazil, at 3:03 p.m.  

  • Take it as a good excuse to go out and buy some new gear. Keep the receipts. Your luggae is probably now well travelled, or stolen (what the hell did you pack?)

    By Blogger cyberviking, at 1:31 a.m.  

  • Luggage is back in Ireland and winging its way to me. I hope it doesn't smell too bad!

    By Blogger Eoin Brazil, at 2:27 p.m.  

  • great to hear luggage on its way back. Hopefully, you won't get signed up to any sites you don't want to be signed up to, such as ff, sf or even worse the pds ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 p.m.  

  • I'm not sure if that's such a bad thing - remember John's story about the receipt from a certain Mount St HQ saying thanks for the donation which he never gave - one of these days they'll start with emails rather than snail mail as most people would simply trash any email with those kind of email address endings!

    Anyways, hope to catch you next week and I'll give you the full story on the lost and found luggage.

    By Blogger Eoin Brazil, at 8:48 p.m.  

  • did the bag make it's way into your hands in the end?

    By Blogger Joe, at 11:43 a.m.  

  • It did and bar being a bit smelly, things were all present and correct, I'll tell all over lunch.

    By Blogger Eoin Brazil, at 12:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home